Your Privacy is Important to Us
Please note that if at any time ATC is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, ATC must co-operate fully.
Our commitment to you
ATC is strongly committed to your right for privacy. In handling your personal information, ATC is committed to complying with the:
- Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000;
- National Privacy Principles (as contained in the Act); and
- Privacy Act 1988.
This website www.austrg.com.au (the site) is administered by ATC and its primary purpose is to receive employment applications. We want you to feel secure when visiting our site and are committed to maintaining your privacy when doing so. By submitting information you agree to ATC’s use of such information as described herein.
Under the Privacy Act 1988 you have the right to access personal information we hold about you. If the information is incorrect, you have the right to require us to amend the information.
What personally-identifiable information is collected?
ATC collects personally-identifiable information on certain areas of the site when user’s:
- request publications or other information;
- submit employment applications (including any resume documents and other electronic attachments); or
- log in to our training system.
This personal information collected may consist of information that you provide, such as names, mailing addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and, for recruiting purposes, any other personal information on your resume. In addition, ATC collects certain information that you do not visibly enter, such as your IP address and browsing pattern on the site.
How may ATC use the information collected?
ATC uses your personal information:
- to fulfil your requests for product and service information;
- to evaluate any employment applications or other employment-related inquiries that you may submit;
- to initiate any such other business purposes you may request; and
- for research, statistical and internal management purposes.
ATC may also use personal information to perform statistical analysis of user behaviour on our website to determine what is most effective about our site, to help us identify ways to improve it, and eventually, to determine how we can make www.austrg.com.au more effective. We may also use data for other purposes, which we would describe to you at the point we collect the information.
What if you do not wish to provide us with the required information?
In order to provide products and services to you, we require information about you. If you do not provide us with all the information we require we may be unable to accept your application to provide products or services to you.
Is personal information disclosed to third parties?
ATC will take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is not intentionally disclosed or transferred to third parties (i.e., persons or entities that are not affiliates of ATC), subject only to the following four exceptions:
- ATC may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that such disclosure is required by the laws, rules, or regulations of any nation, state, or other applicable jurisdiction;
- ATC may disclose your contact information to third parties as appropriate for ATC to make transmissions or deliveries to you;
- ATC may disclose your personally-identifiable information if, in connection with submitting the information, you consent to such disclosure; and
- ATC may disclose contact information for you in response to inquiries by bona-fide rights owners in connection with allegations of infringement of copyright or other proprietary rights arising from information you have posted on the site or otherwise provided to ATC.
Your personal information is only provided to these entities to the extent necessary to enable us to provide our products and services to you, and to the extent required by the law.
Ensuring personal information is up to date
We rely on the personal information we hold in conducting our business. Therefore, it is very important that the information we hold is accurate, complete and up to date.
We do everything we can to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up to date whenever we collect or use it. This means that from time to time, we will ask you to tell us if there are any changes to your personal information. If you find that information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately and we will correct it.
How can I access, change or delete information?
You may access, correct, update, and/or delete any personally-identifiable information that you submit to the site. You may also unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations on the site. To do so, please either follow instructions on the page of the site on which you have provided such information or subscribed or registered or contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or through your ATC Office.
Security of personal information is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Some of the ways we protect personal information include:
- External and internal premise security;
- Restricting access to personal information only to staff who need it in order to perform their daily functions;
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access or damage to electronically stored information, such as requiring identifiers and passwords, firewalls and anti-virus software;
- Maintaining physical security over paper records;
- The secure destruction of redundant information; and
- Staff signing confidentiality agreements
Despite these precautions, ATC cannot guarantee that unauthorised persons will not obtain access to your personally-identifiable information.
If you consent to us doing so, we may provide you with information from time to time about new services available and topical information through publications such as an electronic newsletter or other direct mail approaches.
Your consent to our providing this information to you will be implied unless you notify us that you do not wish to receive this information. You may do this at your local ATC office or by contacting the Privacy Officer on the contact point shown below.
By communicating with us via Email, you authorise us to act on any instructions or apparent instructions without enquiring as to the identity of the sender. If your instructions are ambiguous, incomplete or unclear we are under no obligation to act on such instructions. ATC will not be considered liable for any costs, expenses, loss or damage which you may suffer or incur in connection with any action taken or omitted by us in following any email instructions from you. You are responsible for and must take all reasonable care to ensure that the information you supply to us is accurate.
When we correspond with you by Email, our messages are not encrypted and may potentially be accessed by unauthorised persons or organisations.
Links to third-party sites
We may provide links to third-party web sites as a service to our users. Please be aware that we cannot control and are not responsible for the information collection practices of such third-party web sites, which may differ from those of this site. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies on these web sites before providing any information to them.
Are cookies and IP addresses used?
Contact our Privacy Officer
Phone (02) 9704 1500
Fax (02) 9704 1599
Mail PO Box 3165, North Strathfield NSW 2137